Tuesday 2 February 2010

Apprentice Profile: Tiffany Plant

Name: Tiffany Plant

Position/title at College: Administrative Assistant

What does your position involve? Dealing with students and visitors face-to-face and on the telephone, working with the reception team, student services and admissions.

Why did you choose an apprenticeship and what benefits will it give you in the future? I decided to take a gap year and I hoped completing an apprenticeship would be a very rewarding way to spend a year, teaching me skills you would not attain from merely studying that would be beneficial at university and later in my life.

Why did you choose West Kent College for your apprenticeship? After researching apprenticeships on many websites I found one that was in my area and which focussed on qualifications that I was interested in.

What have you learnt since starting your apprenticeship at West Kent College? Working within West Kent College and attending the training provided has widened my knowledge of Business Administration and also customer service.

What do you plan to do after your apprenticeship finishes? Once this apprenticeship has concluded I am going to Exeter University to study an Economics degree.

My dream job would be? Anything I enjoy, I am pretty indecisive so I know I keep changing my mind.
 
Thanks Tiffany, good luck at university next year! To read more about apprenticeships at West Kent College, see here, and check back tomorrow for the next profile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say!